Stranded Cowl Pattern by Cocoknits
People may not believe you knitted this cowl â the fabric is more woven in appearance. I have used the Wrong Side as the exposed side but the reverse, Right Side is also interesting giving you a reversible piece. It is deceptively simple and very quick to knit. Use two soft yarns and you will have a plush, warm piece that you will never want to take off.
General knitting skills.
Cowl is approximately 28" in circumference as written but is very easy to adjust. Just make sure to CO an odd number of sts.
- Option 1 (13" tall)
- Yarn A: 1 skein Woolfolk FÃ¥r (100% Orvis Ultimate Merino, 142 yds/50g) color 8
- Yarn B: 1 skein Malabrigo Gruesa (wool, 65 yds/100g) color natural
- Option 2 (14" or taller)
- Yarn A: 2 skeins Classic Elite Chalet (70% alpaca, 30% bamboo, 98 yds/50g) color slate
- Yarn B: 1 skein A Verb For Keeping Warm Farm Series Cormo Sheep and Wool Farm (100% Cormo, 90 yds/4 oz)
- Option 3 (13â14" or taller)Â
- Yarn A: Approx 145 yds of worsted weight yarn.Â
- Yarn B: Approx 60 yds of chunky to bulky weight yarn (yarn calling for US 11â13 needle). The thicker your Yarn B is, the bigger the ânibsâ of texture will be.
Note: The yarn amounts are based on a 28" circumference and a 13â14" height. If you would like a taller cowl, be sure to buy an extra skein of yarn to accommodate your desired height.
- US 13 circ 24" or shorter.
Change needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
11 sts in 4" over pattern st; row gauge not important.