Kokon Akifuyu Shawl Kits
Designed by Eri Shimizu in collaboration with KOKON yarns.
This beautiful new shawl kit was inspired by Autumn and Winter and the many shapes and colours that can be found in nature in these seasons.
A beautiful and engaging knit, the autumn and winter shawls use brioche, cables and smocking stitches in the design.
The Autumn kit called AKI is from the Japanese word for Autumn. Shades of copper, yellow and pink encapsulate the season . FUYU means Winter and consists of cooler shades of silvery gray, pink and plum. They each have the beautiful depth of tone we've come to expect from KOKON.
Each Kit includes:
* 3x100 gram skeins of Kokon Merino Fingering in assorted colors
* 1 x 20 gram skein of Kokon kidsilk Mohair
* a project bag (with a beautiful printed illustration by Karolina Skorka for KOKON in honour of this design.
Aki ( Autumn)
1. Susuki/ Japanese Silver Grass
2. Kiku/ Chrysanthemum
3. Momiji/ Maple
4. Asagiri/Morning Dew (Silk-Mohair)
FUYU - Winter
1. Fuyu Nagi / Calm Sea in Winter
2. Sazanka / Camellia Japonica
3. Kan Akane / Winter Sunset
4. Muhyou / Silver Thaw (Silk -Mohair)
Note: This kit does not include the pattern - it can be purchased here