In-Person Class : So Rococo with Alexandra Davidoff
We are excited to offer both an in-store and online option for this class. Be sure to choose the correct option at sign up, this is for the In-Person class at Hill Country Weavers.
This is a projects based class and guess what? - by learning the elements of the design of the one ornate pattern repeat, you will be able to knit 3 patterns: GUADALUPE RIVER LIGHT, VERONIQUE and WATERS! In this class we will go through the elements of the design and finishing techniques for all 3 designs. By making a swatch of the one pattern repeat, we will take a deep dive into the intricate, but easy to learn techniques. From a bobble stitch to a bead application with a steel hook - I will show you how it is done!
Please go to Ravlery to all the additional info about those patterns (links below).
GUADALUPE RIVER LIGHT: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/guadalupe-river-light
• Skill level: intermediate
• Learn the anatomy of GUADALUPE RIVER LIGHT, VERONIQUE and WATERS.
• Learn how to create I-Cord Edge.
• Learn how to create Bobble stitch.
• Learn a bead application with steel hook.
• Learn blocking technique applicable to those designs.
• Get inspired by the presentation of the multiple samples in array of fibers and colors.
Included in the class
• Electronic Swatch Pattern.
• VERONIQUE electronic pattern.
Needed for the class
• about 20g of practice yarn in fingering weight.
• about 30 Miyuki glass beads size 6/0.
For In-Store Class Attendance: Due to COVID-19 we are requiring proof of Vaccination upon coming to class.
CLASS REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION
1. If you would prefer to sign-up over the phone, call HCW at 707-7396 with credit card information to secure a spot.
2. There is a $2 cancellation fee. A 5-day notice is required for cancellation without additional penalty. Please note that since this is a special event, cancellations made within 5 days of a class s and no-shows are not refundable unless your space can be filled from a waiting list.
3.Classes may be cancelled in the event of insufficient sign-ups (less than 3 students) - if we cancel a class you will be notified the week before by phone & will be given a full refund.
• US3 (3.25mm) needles (you can use double-pointed needles).
• row counter, 2 stitch markers.