Class: Hand Dyeing Yarn with Julie Asselin
HAND DYEING YARN, AN INTRODUCTION
Join us for a half day of color adventures. Expand your creativity, bringing to life special colors for your knitting projects and textile art. The class is taught by Julie and Jean-Francois together making for the best experience possible for you.
What will this class be about?
- Learn the core principles behind dyeing protein (animal) fibers using acid dyes.
- Explore color theory in how colors interact with each other and how they are perceived. Colors play an important role in our life, we are surrounded by them, they influence our emotions and the way we see the world, how does it translate to knitting, textiles and handmade wardrobe?
- Learn about the different types of fibers and yarn construction. How they play a role in our finished garments.
- You will leave this class with knowledge and confidence to navigate the hand dyed world.
- You will be creating your own mini skeins set to go along with a new pattern by Samantha Guerin Designs that showcase the use of mini skeins.
- 7 mini skeins(125gr/440 yrds total ) of Leizu Fingering , our 90 Merino/10 Silk yarn
- All auxiliary material needed for the class + surprise goodies to take home with you.
Due to the continued lower risks of Covid-19, at this time we are not currently requiring vaccination to attend classes, however, if Austin re-enters Medium or High Risk guidelines you will be asked to either present a proof of vaccination, or provide a negative covid test to attend classes/camps. Although we are not requiring proof of vaccination at this time, you may still be asked to mask during class times if you are unvaccinated to accommodate any higher risk students or teachers.
CLASS REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION
1. If you would prefer to sign-up over the phone, call HCW at 707-7396 with credit card information to secure a spot.
2. There is a $2 cancellation fee. Because this is a special event teacher, A 2 week notice is required for cancellation without additional penalty. Cancellations made within 2 weeks of a class are subject to a 50% class charge. Cancellations made the week of class and no-shows are not refundable.
3.Classes may be canceled in the event of insufficient sign-ups - if we cancel a class you will be notified the week before by phone & will be given a full refund.