Anna is knitted sideways from cuff to cuff with big needles. This makes her a quick and seamless knit with a very open, net-like fabric.
You begin at the cuff of one ribbed sleeve, continue across the body in reverse stockinette stitch with an asymmetrical hemline and end with the second ribbed sleeve. Anna is great over a tank or t-shirt to add coverage without adding too much extra warmth.
General knitting skills plus provisional CO and Kitchener St.
small (medium, large, 1x, 2x, 3x)
- Bust: 36 (40, 44, 48, 52, 56)"
- Length at short side:Â approx 17 (18, 19, 20, 21, 21)â
- Length at long side:Â approx 25 (26, 27.5, 28.5, 30, 30)â
- 5 (5, 6, 8, 10, 11) skeins Shibui Heichi (100% silk, 105 yds/50gr) sample knitted in chestnut, or
- 4 (4, 4, 5, 5, 6) skeins Tahki Ripple (100% mercerized cotton, 142 yds/50g), or
- approx 500 (500, 650, 800, 950, 1100) yards any worsted-aran weight yarn that gets gauge
- US #11 circ needles or size needed to obtain gauge (Smaller needles and tighter gauge will affect length more than bust measurement of garment.)
- Long circ (35â or longer) are easiest to accommodate all sts and use for magic loop
- Use dpns, two circs or magic loop for sleeves
12 sts and 14 rows = 4" in St st.