Hill Country Weavers
We all love the look of cabled knits but some of them can be quite complex to execute! In this class students will be presented with 5 various complexity level novel options of creating cables using other than the traditional technique! After the presentation, the students can swatch for either of the provided methods.
● Various cast on methods and their benefits
● Ways of picking up stitches on purl side and work welts
● Different methods for achieving 3D look of cables using 5 methods
● How to perform several methods of cable decreases
● Tips and suggestions on when to use all of these techniques in knitwear
Prerequisites: knowing how to knit, purl, cast on, and bind off.
● 2-3 colors of 200 yds of worsted weight yarn for swatching in bright or light colors
● US 6 (4 mm) needle
● US 7 (4.5 mm) needle
● Double pointed needles in sizes US 4 (3.5 mm) and 5 (3.75 mm)
● Crochet Hook Size F or G
● Tapestry needle
Important Virtual Retreat Class Information:
All Retreat Classes are one-time zoom events.
Because this is a Special Event, we cannot offer refunds for any cancellations made after March 1. Cancellations made prior to March 1, 2021 are subject to a $5 cancellation fee.
Please be sure you will be able to attend the scheduled class time - we are unable to offer refunds or recordings for missed retreat classes.
2021 Virtual Retreat,
Vendor: Hill Country Weavers
4102 Menchaca RdAustin, TX 78704
Enjoy special offers and get 10% off on your first online yarn order when you subscribe!
Follow us on Ravelry
© 2021 Hill Country Weavers.