Level: All Levels - no experience needed!
Instructor: Suzanne Middlebrooks
This is a perfect class for my fellow fiber fanatics! The rigid heddle loom we use is very portable and extremely easy to set up.
You can use all kinds of knitting yarn; from scraps and random single skeins to all that sock yarn you haven't used yet. Weaving will help you burn through your stash in no time. Learning to Weave cloth is a magical thing (plus its incredibly FAST!!!!)
Come back the next week and get tips and tricks on taking your piece off the loom, fringe or finishing and help warping your next project.
IMPORTANT: Students can bring their yarn in ahead of time to determine if it is suitable for this class. As part of this class you may borrow a rigid heddle loom (instructors choice of model) for 2 (two) weeks.
CLASS REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION
1. If you would prefer to sign-up over the phone, call HCW at 707-7396 with credit card information to secure a spot.
2. There is a $2 cancellation fee. A 5-day notice is required for cancellation without additional penalty. Cancellations made within 5 days of a class are subject to a 50% class charge.Cancellations made the day of class and no-shows are not refundable.
3.Classes may be cancelled in the event of insufficient sign-ups (less than 3 students) - if we cancel a class you will be notified the week before by phone & will be given a full refund.
Instructor: Birgit Hesse
Ever wanted to create your own bracelet? Pick from a selection of five different bracelet patterns and make one for yourself or several as Christmas gifts. Use yarn and buttons from your stash (cotton or something with a sparkle) or come a little bit early and we can pick some in the store together – the options are endless and FUN.
What you will learn:
- How to crochet your own unique bracelet using basic crochet stiches
- How to sew on a button
- How to make a “button” hole for your bracelets
- How to weave in ends blending in with the crochet pattern
- How the use of different yarns and buttons change the style of your bracelet.
I will have several samples for you to look at.
What you need to know:
Basic crochet stiches like chain, single crochet & double crochet – previous experience with sewing on a button is helpful but not necessary.
What you will need:
Crochet hook 3.5 mmm (E) – and/or others ranging from 2.5 mm to 4.0 mm (C – G) if you want to use different sizes.
1 skein of Cascade Ultra Pima OR Cotton Classic by Tahiki Yarns
Or you may bring some of your scrap yarns (mercerized cotton is really pretty because of its shine and works well but you could experiment with other fibers, too).
Buttons: Anything will do. Easiest to use are buttons between ¾ inch and 1 inch in diameter.
Other: Thread and needle (to sew on buttons) if you have and want to use your own but I will have some on hand, too.
Written pattern instructions for all five bracelets will be provided in class.
If you have any questions you can contact the instructor before class.
100% Merino Wool
215 yds / 4 oz
Care: Hand wash, lay flat to dry