Note: Please include camper's Name, Age & let us know if they have attended any previous camp session(s) in the notes when you checkout.
Is the camp week you want already filled up? Let us know if you would like to be put on a waiting list for any cancellations!
WEAVING CAMP INFORMATION
Time: 9 - 1 Monday through Friday
Age: camper must be 9 years old or older.
What to Bring: Campers bring a lunch every day except Friday--Friday's lunch is provided! All materials for the weaving camp are included in the fee.
PROJECTS: When you register your camper, please let us know what weaving projects your camper has completed at previous camps in order to determine the appropriate experience level and to individualize weaving projects for your camper.
Camp for Independent Weavers*
HCW offers an independent weaver program for more advanced weavers. Loom sizes vary and availability is on a first-come first-serve basis upon camp registration.
*Campers must have completed 3 prerequisite weaving projects to be considered for the independent weaving program. Independent weavers are eligible to sign up for more than one session.
Please call the or stop by the shop if you would like to sign-up an independent weaver.
KNITTING CAMP INFORMATION
Time: 1:30 - 4:00 Monday through Friday
Fee: $70 plus $25 materials
Age: camper must be 9 years old or older.
1. Knitting Campers will work on 2 set projects to advance their knitting skills.
2. More experienced knitting campers can work on their own projects. Any unused materials fee for experienced knitters may be refunded at the end of camp.
CAMP REGISTRATION INFO
1. If you would prefer to sign-up over the phone, call HCW at 707-7396 with credit card information to secure a spot for your camper.
2. There is a $2 cancellation fee. A 2 week notice is required for cancellation. After that point, refunds can only be given if we are able to fill your spot. Camps may be cancelled in the event of insufficient sign-ups (less than 3 campers) - if we cancel a camp session you will be notified the week before by phone & will be given a full refund.
3. Campers can attend more than one session and do different projects in each one
Thanks to an incredible response we are now SOLD OUT for the 2017 retreat. If you would like to be added to our waiting list please call the shop or email us.
Join us for a fun filled weekend of knitting, classes, knitting, partying, knitting, relaxing, and more knitting!
This year's retreat will be held from March 2-5, 2017 at The Resort at Horseshoe Bay, in Horseshoe Bay, TX.
We're excited to have Susan B. Anderson, Bristol Ivy, and Carson Demers as our rockstar teachers this year! Check out all the details on our Knitting in the Hills Retreat Page.
If you would like to register and pay in-full today, just select the option you would like above (single or double room) and check-out online as usual. If you have a roommate request, or are paying for multiple attendees, please be sure you note their names in the notes field at checkout!
If you would like to pay for the retreat over time instead of in one lump sum we have set-up a system to auto-charge you in three installments. If you wish to pay this way, please sign up using the links above. Note that you will need to create an account through our subscription billing system even if you already have an account with our shop!
These charges will occur every 6 weeks automatically, starting from the day you sign-up. If you would prefer, we are also happy to accept 3 checks (2 post-dated) when you register in person or over the phone (if you wish to mail checks).
Payments made by cash or check will have a slightly discounted rate ($840 for a double /$1095 for a single) Please call the shop at 512-707-7396 for more information.
Level: Beginner Workshop - no experience needed!
Instructor: Drea Peters
Class fee includes $20 materials fee*
Woven wall hangings are having quite a moment in the crafting & fiber worlds. In this fun & engaging workshop you will be introduced to the world of weaving and learn all the skills you need to create beautiful woven wall hangings. Austin based designer, Dréa, will teach you all the steps, from setting up your loom to finishing methods. You will learn basic weaving techniques including basic weave, rya knots, soumak, color changes, and creating shapes. This is a beginner workshop so no prior weaving experience is required.
*Materials: Included in the price of this workshop is $20 material fee which includes:
-Use of a loom for 2 weeks after class
-Enough fiber (lot's of variety to choose from) to complete your project
-Tapestry Needle and comb
Feel free to bring any bits and pieces of fiber you may have or want to use!
CLASS REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION
1. If you would prefer to sign-up over the phone, call HCW at 707-7396 with credit card information to secure a spot.
2. There is a $2 cancellation fee. A 5-day notice is required for cancellation without additional penalty. Cancellations made within 5 days of a class are subject to a 50% class charge.Cancellations made the day of class and no-shows are not refundable.
3.Classes may be cancelled in the event of insufficient sign-ups (less than 3 students) - if we cancel a class you will be notified the week before by phone & will be given a full refund.